We invite you to enjoy a pleasant family stay in our beautiful medieval town. You can organize an active retreat with hiking or cycling activities, unforgettable experiences, or the exploration of the rich cultural and historical heritage of the town and its surroundings. Our apartments can host families with up to 6 members.
We offer accommodation with breakfast in our rooms and apartments and a private reservation of our wellness; additionally, we can also organise activities tailored to your requests. You can use the garden with a playground for children, a tree house, and a pool (only during the summer).
If you enjoy an active retreat, you will love:
- Experiencing one of the theme trails in the area of Loka: the Three Castles Path, the Path to Puštal, the Path to Crngrob, the Beekeeper’s Path etc.
- Hiking to one of the surrounding hills: Križna gora, Lubnik, Blegoš, Ratitovec etc.
- Cycling around the Loka Mountain Trail or any other cycling trails in the immediate vicinity
- Renting bicycles or electric bicycles
- Embarking on a guided cycling tour with electric bicycles
- Horse riding (free riding or riding in the arena)
If you enjoy cultural experiences, you will love:
- Visiting museums: Škofja Loka Museum, Železniki Museum, Žiri Museum, Šubic House, Grohar House etc.
- Exploring the Rupnik Line fortifications
- Visiting castles, mansions, churches, and other rich cultural heritage monuments
If you enjoy special experiences in nature, you will love:
- Visiting the Stari vrh Family Park with its 6 adrenaline trails, a climbing wall, a free-fall experience and a 400-meter-long zip-line
- Visiting the Karst caves – Marija cave or Lubnik cave
If you enjoy water, you will love:
- The possibility of a private visit of our wellness center
- Bathing and sauna in the Železniki pool
- Bathing in the Puštal pool or elsewhere along the Sora River
- Bathing in the Kopačnica pool
If you enjoy arts and crafts, you will love:
- Visiting the DUO Arts and Crafts Centre or the KreativNice creative centre
- Handicraft workshops – “hands do magic”: felting, making log cakes, making mini hats, making glass products, stories about wood,…
If you enjoy gastronomy, you will love:
- Visiting the Pustotnik cheese dairy with an organised tasting
- Visiting nearby taverns offering local cuisine:
Škofja Loka is also an excellent starting point for a day trip to:
- Idrija and Cerklje hills with Idrija and the Franja Partisan Hospital
- Julian Alps with Bled and Bohinj